School holidays often draw younger people to the shopping centres as a means of ‘something to do’ on free days away from school, with the aspiration to spend holiday money on new clothes and gadgets or to meet up with friends.
Whilst this can be fun for the younger visitors, for the retail shop owners and security workers it sometimes involves further responsibility for the wellbeing of shopping centre customers. Keeping a close check on health and safety and ensuing that everyone is content by closely and regularly monitoring CCTV using retail security is just one way to do this.
The Merryhill Shopping Centre is a “leading retail and leisure destination in West Midlands” and draws in 2.1million customers each year with a 45minute drive catchment area of 2.8 million. It’s a great place to shop, eat and drink, with extraordinary leisure and entertainment facilities including the Odeon Cinema, Europe’s Highest Indoor Ropes Course, Mini Golf, Quest Adventure Centre and the Nerf Arena.
So did you know the Merryhill Shopping Centre has rules that customers should adhere too in order to keep the premises in check?
Here are just 10 of the rules listed in INTU’s Code of Conduct:
1 . Please always keep an eye on any children in your care.
2. Intimidating behaviour of any kind towards other visitors, our staff or our retailers is not acceptable.
3. No ball games, even if you are Lionel Messi!
4. Cycling, roller-blades, micro-scooters, skateboards and Heeley's are a no-no.
5. No inappropriate use of customer lifts and escalators.
6. No throwing any object within the Centre (unless it's a smile).
7. Please no running on the malls.
8. There is a strict no smoking policy, and alcohol is only to be consumed on licensed premises.
9. Electronic cigarettes are also not permitted.
10. Any act of vandalism towards property belonging to us or our retailers will be dealt with accordingly and the local police informed.
Are you a retailer who is looking to obtain retail security to protect your store or maybe a warehouse owner who is looking protect your stock with warehouse security? Protecting individual business owners up to multiple retail outlet chains across the UK, here at SGS Systems we offer a diverse range of security services to suit individual business requirements, covering commercial alarm systems to CCTV security, for both internal and external surveillance whilst our most proficient fog / smoke security will protect designated premises areas where prominent protection against intruders is required.
To find out more about our retail security services, please contact our retail security and warehouse security sales enquiries today, for a free and confidential review of your business premises.