Finally, the summer holidays are here and with many UK families set for a holiday in the UK or travelling further afield abroad, this month we’re focusing on how to protect your home whilst you are on holiday.
“Summer holidays are a prime time for burglaries”, according to HeartFM, who are currently running a campaign, urging homeowners to keep their homes secure whilst they are away.
Throughout the summer months property thefts rise as burglars are offered greater opportunity to break into property. If you are planning on going on holiday, SGS Systems recommend the following steps to protect your home.
Steps to protect your home whilst on holiday
- Check that all windows, doors, garages and outbuildings are locked before you leave.
- Hide away anything of value which could be visible through windows and doors.
- Ask a neighbour to keep an eye on the house.
- Put out the bins and ask a neighbour to return them to your drive once they have been emptied.
- If possible, ask your neighbour to collect your post or move it away from anywhere visible.
- Install a timer light to turn on for a few hours in the evening so that it looks like someone is in the property.
- Don’t post on social media that you are off on holiday, instead wait until you get back and then post all your favourite photos.
- Install a house alarm with SGS Systems. Our team provides a range of individual house alarms depending on customer requirements. Available in wired and wireless installations, customers can easily monitor and manage their property security through a simple smartphone app whilst they are in or away from the property.
To find out more about our home security alarms and other related security products by SGS Systems. We offer a range of burglar alarms, CCTV, lighting, and fire protective equipment to suit owners needs and to protect your home.
Blogs used to write this article: