SGS Systems Ltd would like to inform customers that we will be operating as key worker status – low tier level throughout this period. We are able to attend to essential maintenance works and out of hours call with regards to our security services.
Please contact us on our main telephone number – 01902 700687 for further information.
This month we are thinking about Easter home security and how it can benefit homeowners across the UK. Thankfully March is finally here and with daylight hours beginning to extend a little longer and the weather beginning to warm up, people across the UK are making holiday plans for the forthcoming months ahead.
If you are planning to get away for the Easter break, then it’s worth considering how you will protect your home whilst you are on holiday; after all, no one wants to arrive home from a memorable holiday only to find that they have been a victim of a burglary. By making a few simple security steps you can competently protect your property and go on holiday with peace of mind that your belongings and livelihood is safe.
Simple Easter home security tips such as asking a neighbour to keep an eye on your property whilst you are on holiday, parking a car on the drive so that it looks like someone is staying at the property, putting the bins out for collection and asking a neighbour to collect your post will help to draw attention to the fact that nobody is at home.
What to do if you already have a home security alarm
If you already have a security alarm installed in your house, then its worth testing before you go on holiday to make sure that it works properly. It’s worth knowing that here at SGS System’s Ltd our certified security installers can test and certify your alarm, even if it isn’t made and installed by our company. To find out more, please contact our property security advisory team.
What to do if you don’t have a home security alarm
If you don’t have a home security alarm, then please contact our property security team at SGS System’s Ltd for a FREE and confidential review of your property. Our security review team works closely with homeowners to find the best security solution to suit your home and budget. All home alarm systems are scale-able, come in wired or wireless format and can be tracked via your smartphone app whilst you are away from the property at another location.
For further information on protecting your home this holiday with Easter home security please contact our west midlands property security team or see our website for further details.
Running commercial salon businesses, operating as beauticians, hairdressers or barbers can be expensive for business owners, especially when investing time and money into good quality equipment and stock.
Providing expensive branded hair straighteners and hairdryers or carrying high spec stock such as beauty products not only gives customers a wider choice of services and products to buy but also promotes the salon brand as being high end / high quality which is good for customer loyalty and growing a customer base after all who doesn’t enjoy a bit of pampering and beauty grooming?!
Sadly, salon equipment and stock can often be sold on quickly
Subsequently, this type of equipment and stock is often in demand by some people who would like to pay a little less for it and so therefore it can be easily and privately sold onwards. This means that sadly commercial salon businesses often become easy targets for thieves who are looking to make quick monetary returns without a trace on commercial stolen goods.
Protecting your salon equipment and stock is key to the longevity and successful running a salon. Here at SGS Systems Ltd we support commercial salon businesses with commercial security of all sizes from single salons up to multi-chain companies throughout the West Midlands, Staffordshire and Shropshire. Installing a commercial burglar alarm at your commercial premises and installing CCTV equipment not only provides an adequate step towards deterring intruders but will also alert you, your staff and the public should an attempted theft occur. To find out more about how we can help to support commercial salon businesses or any other commercial / retail business please speak to our commercial salon businesses security team today or see our property security website for more details.
As lambing season gets underway, this month SGS Systems Ltd are focusing on how we can support farmers throughout this crucial time of year with CCTV farm security.
“Every year, 16 million ewes give birth here in the UK”, according to countryfile.com and although the season runs from November to May, it peaks during the spring season. Many farmers will work long shifts of up to 12 hours or more. Ewes will deliver the lambs unassisted out in the field, however first-time mums are often bought into the lambing shed so that the farmers can closely monitor the yews and be on hand to assist should any struggle when giving birth.
Keeping an eye on both experienced and first-time ewe mum’s makes it an extremely busy time for farmers to monitor several locations around the farm, especially when not all ewes will survive and so it is important that farmers are on hand to help wherever possible.
CCTV farm security can help to monitor livestock
Implementing CCTV farm security can help to relieve some of the demand that farmers undertake. Here at SGS Systems Ltd we support farmers and their livestock by installing multiple CCTV camera’s in a variety of locations, both internally and externally means that livestock can be monitored from a single location, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our cameras are non-intrusive and offer infa-red live imagery so that animals can be seen and monitored clearly.
For more information on CCTV farm security and to find out how we can support your commercial farm business, please contact our sales team at SGS Systems Ltd. As certified providers to the NFU coupled with a vast level of commercial experience we provide a commercial security monitoring service to suit your individual farm business which are scale-able from a single system to multi-level use.
Blogs used to write this article:
Its valentine’s month and for those couples are buying their first house together, it’s an exciting time to begin a new chapter and put their own stamp on living together in their new home, so what about new home security?
In contrast, it can be a little daunting too! Understanding what is important in running a home, from sourcing an appropriate mortgage to installing utilities and paying the regular monthly bills, to putting the right insurance in place to protect the building and its contents can be an overwhelming task with so many decisions to make and paperwork to understand.
Here at SGS System’s Ltd, we relieve the stress out of new home security and help those buying their first house to understand the importance of home security and the security possibilities when working to a tight budget.
From protecting flats and apartments to terraced, semi-detached and detached houses we provide property owners with house burglar alarms in both a wired and wireless format. All new home security is certified and can be securely checked via a smartphone.
To help put you on the right track in terms of new home security, here are some top tips to get put you on the right track:
- Change the locks – When you first move into a property, change the locks so that you have a fresh set of keys, after all you don’t know who has lived in the property before you or who has keys and access to the property.
- Get to know your neighbours – Don’t be shy and introduce yourselves, they offer an extra set of eyes and ears to keep your property safe.
- Clear your garden – Overgrown shrubs and trees provide easy hiding places for intruders to wait. Clearing up your pathways and garden, especially around doorways, will reduce their opportunities.
- Check doors and windows – Before leaving the property, make sure that doors and windows are not left open. Close and lock to reduce the potential of easy access from an unwanted intruder.
- Install a new home security alarm – SGS Systems Ltd provide the very best quality in new home security burglar alarms and CCTV monitoring equipment. Visible security systems such as a bell box or a camera fitted to the exterior of the property not only offers protection but can also deter thieves.
For more information and questions on new home security please contact our property security team at SGS Systems Ltd or see our security website for further details.
As a certified NFU CCTV partner to the NFU, SGS Systems Ltd supply CCTV security and installation services, at a discounted rate to NFU members through our commercial security programme.
Operating a commercial farm business can be tricky to monitor. With such an expanse of property and sometimes only a small number of owners or staff to supervise the land, farm buildings and livestock at any particular time. Overseeing such an operation can mean that in addition to going about their daily activity, that residence and workers need to have their eyes and ears open to everywhere – a demanding challenge.
As an NFU CCTV partner, we provide farm business owners with peace of mind
Here at SGS Systems Ltd we can alleviate the pressure of this situation by offering installation and maintenance services for commercial CCTV security equipment. By monitoring specific areas of a farm / equestrian business, both internally and externally, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week we provide reliability and that extra pair of eyes to allow farmers and land owners to get on with their day and attend to more important tasks. As an NFU CCTV partner, we provide commercial farm business owners with peace of mind that their animals, crops, equipment and property are all safely protected.
We support farm, equestrian and land owners / managers across the West Midlands, reaching out into Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire. If you are an NFU member and would like to find out more about our NFU CCTV partner discounted CCTV security services, then please get in touch or see our listing on the NFU website – https://businessdirectory.nfuonline.com/account/login. For NFU members we are still here to support your farm / equestrian business and property, please directly get in touch with our property security team through SGS Systems Ltd.
Home Security for 2020 should be at the top of your ‘to do’ list. No one wants to return home to find that their house has been burgled. The feeling of knowing that an intruder has been in your home can be sickening, especially if they have taken your most valuable pieces of property. Aside from the cost in replacing the items and the time it takes to contact insurers, the impact can have lasting effects on both adults and children.
So, for this year, SGS Systems Ltd are urging all Shropshire, Staffordshire and West Midlands homeowners to consider having house security installed in their property. Installing a house alarm with a distinct SGS Systems branded bell box will not only dissuade prowling thieves from making any further pursuit to enter your home but will also alert through the house burglar alarm should they try to make an attempt.
Here are SGS Systems Ltd we offer home security for 2020 to incorporate the following options:
- House Alarms in both wired and wireless options which can be controlled via a wall mounted electronic pad or a smartphone.
- CCTV monitoring equipment to monitor your property both internally and externally. 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Outdoor security lighting to illuminate up the external perimeter of your property including drives, doorways and parking areas to draw attention to any unscrupulous activity.
All of our home security for 2020 services are provided through our certified team of experienced security installation fitters, following a confidential assessment of your home to determine where and what type of home security is required to protect the property.
To find out more and for a no-obligation home security for 2020 review of your property, please contact our property security team or see our security website for further details.
We are delighted to announce that during this month of January 2020, SGS Systems Ltd are featured in Wolverhampton West Magazine – Page 56 – 57 – https://issuu.com/jonathonwiley/docs/wwm-jan-issue-117-2020
Hooray! Christmas is nearly here and so this month SGS Systems Ltd are focusing on keeping family’s safe and secure by offering security measures in how to deter those unwanted intruders into your home over the season.
Sadly, during December theft in homes rise by 20% according to insurance company Sunlife. Christmas is a time when we often see the number of valuables stored in our homes increase, ready to distribute as gifts, from expensive jewellery and watches to new technology devices such as smartphones, tablets, games-consoles and new music / tv equipment. Whilst these are all lovely gifts, they are also easy targets for criminals, who in one single break into a house can thieve many items at once.
Here at SGS Systems Ltd we recommend the following security measures this Christmas:
- Gifts under the tree – Whilst they may look beautifully wrapped and Christmassy, don’t leave gifts under the tree for several days before the big day which can be visible through windows.
- Hide valuables away – Once gifts have been exchanged, hide valuables away out of sight and if necessary, put them in a lockable safe.
- Packaging is a concern! – It is tempting to open the latest console and put the box straight outside with the recycling. Instead, we recommend that you put the unwanted packaging in the boot of your car out of site and dispose of at a local council refuse site. Intruders aren’t daft and will target homes where the empty boxes have been left outside.
- What to do when visiting – If you leave the house to visit friends and relatives then ensure that all of your doors are locked, close the curtains to obscure any view into the home and leave a light on so that it looks like someone is in the house. If you are going on holiday then ask a neighbour to keep an eye on the property and even park their car on your drive so that it looks like someone is staying there.
- Fit a house security alarm – Install a house security alarm by SGS Systems Ltd. Not only having a visible bell box with our SGS Systems Ltd sticker will be a deterrent to a tempted intruder, but also the noise of an activated alarm will draw enough attention to the property to deter a criminal from gaining any further entry into your home. All of our home security alarms are SSAIB accredited and are installed in either wired or wireless options which can be scaled according to the number of rooms in your property and where you would like to see protection in place. To find out more please contact our experienced security team or see our website for more details.
Blogs used to write this article:
We would like to wish our customers,
suppliers & associates
A Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
Please note that our office will be closed from
Christmas Eve – 24th December at 12pm.
We will re-open on 2nd January from 8.30am (normal office hours)